It’s been only a week from lats patch but Riot Games started to share some thoughts about League of Legends Patch 10.4.
Riot Scruffy shared a cheat sheet about Patch 10.4 and players already started to complain about changes.
Early 10.4 Patch Preview:
Runes adjustments, sunfire buffs, expanded jungle pool, and buffs and nerfs to outliers.
We’re already starting some work for 10.5 on top lane influence. pic.twitter.com/YEHfioogMh
— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) February 11, 2020
As you can see, there will be lots of buffs and nerfs on League of Legends Patch 10.4. Let’s dive into it.
- Buffs: Sunfire, Cinderhulk, Exhaust, Phase Rush, Hail of Blades
- Nerfs: Stopwatch, Perfect Timing, Unflinching
- Adjustment: Legend runes
- (NEW) Immolate – Once every 10 seconds, your next immobilizing spell deals 6-23 + %2 Bonus HP and releases a fire nova that also deals that damage around you.
- (NEW) Immolate – Once every 10 seconds, your next immobilizing spell deals 26-43 + %5 Bonus HP and releases a fire nova that also deals that damage around you.
- (NEW) Immolate – Once every 10 seconds, your next immobilizing spell deals 12-29 + %4 Bonus HP and releases a fire nova that also deals that damage around you.
- Duration increased from 2.5s to 3s
- Time window between attacks 3s >> 4 sc, MS for melee %25-40 >> %30-50
Hail of Blades
- Time window between attacks 2s >> 3 sn, out of combat cd 4sn >> 8 sn
- Gold cost 600 >> 650g
- Grants a stopwatch at 10 min >> 14 min, this is reduced by 2m for each takedown, removed cd reduction from Guardian Angel, Stoneplate and Zhonias.
- Now properly grants %10 slow resistance per summoner spell on CD.
The biggest takeaway from systems changes is nerf on the Stopwatch and Perfect Timing rune. Stopwatch has always been a problematic item in the game. After 10th min., every skirmish has the potential to be explosive because of this item. We don’t know the way Riot nerfs this but it’s safe to assume that there will be huge CD nerf, same for Perfect Timing rune.
Phase Rush and Hail of Blades buffs will cause problems too. These two runes are so easy to abuse and have too much impact on the gameplay. We all remember how scary a Phase Rush Ryze or Hail of Blades Vayne can be. Sunfire and Cinderhulk buffs are the result of Riot trying to bring back tank junglers. It may be a poor attempt because of the jungle clear times and the state of the meta.
- Buffed champions: Jayce, Gnar, Garen (bruiser build), Sylas, Rammus, Udyr, Amumu, Caitlyn, Lux Support
- Q base damage 45-220 >> 55-255
- Mega Gnar movement speed 325 >> 335, R bonus AD ratio %20 >> %50, R AP ratio %50 >> %100
Garen (bruiser build)
- Q AD ratio %40 >> %50, W at max stacks grants Garen %10 increased bonus armor and MR, W shield %10 max hp >> 70-170 (+%20 bonus HP)
- Q damage 40-100 >> 40-120
- Base attack speed 0.625 >> 0.656, AS ratio 0.625 >> 0.656
- He now gets %5 off his global cooldown per Cloud Dragon base buff
- Q dash speed 1350 >> 1800, R stops dashes, R CD 150-110 >> 130-100
- Bonus AS at level 1 %10 >> %20
- Q damage 70-250 >> 80-260, Q CD 13-9 >> 11-9
- R cast time on allies 1.5s >> 0.25 sn
I can hear your reaction; “Please, do not buff Sylas or Lux Support, they are bot cancer!”. Well, you are not wrong. They are both hard to deal with, especially Sylas. With the last cinematic and new skin, Sylas getting some love from Riot. League of Legends’s one of the most OP champions, Sylas was the hottest pick of the meta for nearly two months before Riot brings him down. His wave clear is kinda weak right now and buffs will probably address this. The general concern is that when Sylas gain lane priority in the lane, he will be broken for professional play.
Another champion we have to mention is Lux. She fell off quite hard after the nerfs and she is ready to come back. Last year we’ve seen quite a lot of Lux support and with the buffs, and Lux mains hope that tank meta on the support role will shake with these changes.
- Nerfed champions: Soraka Top, Sona Top, Aphelios, Singed, Aurelion Sol
- Base HP increased from 529.04 to 535
- HP per level lowered from 78 to 74
- Mana increased from 350.8 t0 375
- Mana per level lowered from 60 to 40
- Base AD lowered from 50.04 to 50
- Starcall (Q)
- Rejuvenation heal increased from 30/40/50/60/70 to 40/50/60/70/80
- Rejuvenation duration lowered from 5s to 2.5s
- movement speed lowered from 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% to 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%
- Vs Live: from 15/20/25/30/35% to 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%
- Astral Infusion (W)
- mana cost reverted from 40/45/50/55/60 to 50/55/60/65/70
- Rejuvenation heal increased from 30/40/50/60/70 to 40/50/60/70/80
- Max health cost while affected by Rejuvenation changed from [if cast while affected with Rejuvenation, Soraka will incur no Max Health cost] to [if cast while affected with Rejuvenation, the max health cost will be reduced by 40/55/70/85/100%]
- Q, W, and E mana costs increased by 25, Q, W, and E refund 30 mana if the aura is granted to an ally.
- Can now see both guns on health bar; Balibrum mark grants 2 AA resets >> 1 AA reset. Turret attacks 4 >> 3, Turret damage taken from ranged attacks 2 >> 3, Turret damage taken from AOE spells 2 >> 4, R range 1600 >> 1300.
- Base HP 610 >> 580, base armor 37 >> 34
- W active star damage increase %50 >> %40
We can all take a relieving breath; Sona and Soraka will be nerfed for especially top lane. Along with small room for counterplay, those top lane supports were invincible in the lane. Sustaining without ceasing and pushing the lane 7/24, support tops were too relevant in the game, even if they got smashed in the lane. P.S.: We’ve shared a small top lane Soraka guide so make sure you don’t miss it!
Aphelios has been in the game for nearly two months and the majority of the League of Legends community still don’t know what this champion can do. Not only he has five guns and multiple combos, Aphelios lacks in vision, his skills are not clear and overall he is the most puzzling champion Riot’s ever released recently. We don’t know how they are nerfing him but we are sure it will be a welcome one.
- Champions: Darius, Garen, Talon, Zed, Diana, Mordekaiser
- Q heal works on monsters, passive bleed deals %120 damage to monsters.
- E deals %150 damage to monsters
- Passive works on large monsters and deals %120 damage.
- Energy restore works on monsters, passive damage increased by %100 against monsters.
Passive damage increased to %150 to monsters.
- Passive maximum damage against monsters 15-100 >> 25-120
- Mini Gnar W max damage to monsters 100-300 >> 300
It’s an interesting way to approach jungle, making viable other champions to the role, and it’s kind of exciting. When Riot makes this sort of “new” changes, they tend to make something OP. So make sure you track these champions because one of them will be broken for sure. We believe Darius, Garen, Zed and Mordekaiser changes will be irrelevant however Talon and Diana buffs for the jungle role will be interesting. Especially considering Diana’s recent rework, Riot may make her an OP jungler for the patch 10.4.
If you’d like to get better at League of Legends, join SenpAI Video Coaching Platform and start playing like pro players. SenpAI analyzes millions of pro player games and gives you customized videos, suggestions and AI analysis