It’s been only a few days bu Riot Games shared its plans for the upcoming League of Legends Patch 10.5.
Riot Scruffy shared a cheat sheet about Patch 10.5 and there are lots of buffs and nerfs. Ornn nerfs were expected but a few welcoming surprises, such as TF, Graves and Kai’Sa buffs made the patch interesting. Let’s dive into it!
Titanic Hydra Buff
- 5(+%1 Your Max HP) to primary target, 40 ( +%2.5 Your Max HP) to secondary >> 5(+%1.5 Your Max HP) to primary target, 40 ( +%3 Your Max HP) to secondary
Ravenous Hydra Buff
- Lifesteal %12 >> %18, Active Radius 400 >> 450
Blade of the Ruined King Buff
- Melee basic attacks deal %8 >> %12 of the target’s current health bonus physical damage on-hit
- Gold per plate 120 >> 160, Turret plates take -%20 damage from ranged champions, resistances per Bulwark Stack, per nearby enemy champion 35 >> 45
Spellthief and Spectral Sickle
- The effect can only be triggered by ally nearby
Boots of Mobility Nerf
- Gold cost 900 >> 1000
Boots of Swiftness Buff
- Movement Speed 55 >> 60
There are some interesting buffs and nerfs on systems. The most important one is surely turret plate changes. Now it will give more gold but it’s going to take more time to demolish. Nerfing ranged champion damage will affect bot lane more and solo lanes will be more important. To be honest, Hydra changes mean little, but there is a possibility that we can see more and more bruisers in the top lane because of these buffs.
- Brittle Proc damage %12-20.5 Max HP scaling from level 1-18 >> %10-18 Max HP, Masterwork items for Orrn level 12 >> 13, Masterwork items for allies level 13 >> 14
- Base Armor 37 >> 33, Base hp regen 8 >> 7, HP regen per level 0.75 >> 0.5, R slow duration 1.5s >> 1s
- Attack speed ratio 0.656 >> 0.625
- R cooldown 130-100 >> 150-100
- Base armor 40 >> 37
- Passive damage per 5 chimes 15 >> 12
The biggest takeaways from these changes are Ornn and Sett nerfs. Ornn has been dominating not only the professional scene but also SoloQ for nearly 1.5 months. He is so broken that he can skirmish with an Irelia while having three levels deficit and still win. Riot probably won’t change his kit but his damage really needed to be tuned down. Having said that, we will still see Ornn in the game because of his kit and state of the game requires a solid and functional tank in the team compositions.
On the other hand, it seems like no matter how much Riot butchers Sett, he finds his way in the top lane. His damage nerfed but players started to play him like a tank. Sett is not an “instant win” champion anymore but nerfing his base stats surely will be a solution to his lane dominance.
- Passive orb spawn rate increased at 0/8/12 minutes >> smooth growth (effectively you should get %3 more orbs), W slow %60 >> %70
- MR 30 + 1 per level >> 32 + 1.25 per level, Q mana cost 60/65/70/75/80 >> 60, Q cooldown 13/12/11/10/9 >> 12/11/10/9/8
- Q AP ratio 0.7 >> 0.8
- AS per level %3 >> %3.5, AS ratio 0.645 >> 0.6875, W magic damage 50-130 >> 50-150, E AP ratio 0.4 >> 0.6, R shield 50-110 (0.5 AP) >> 75-125 (+0.75 AP)
- Blue Card AP ratio 0.5 >> 0.9, Red Card AP ratio 0.5 >> 0.7
- Q Damage per pass 35-115 (+%70-110 tAD) (+%50 AP) >> 35-95 (+%70-130 tAD) (+%50 AP), R minimum movement speed %20 >> %20/25/30
- Q AP ratio 0.4 >> 0.25, Q upgraded missiles 10 >> 12, W damage 20-120 (+0.6 AP)(+1.5 tAD) >> 30-130 (+0.7 AP)(+1.3 tAD), W upgraded CD refund %50 >> %70
- Base health 575 >> 600, passive can collect charges when off cooldown >> can collect charges at any time
- Base AD 45 + 2 >> 49 + 3, E Self movement speed %10/11/12/13/14 >> %20
It looks like there are lots of buffs but we have to say only few of them meaningful in the patch. One of them is Graves buff. We already see him in SoloQ. Graves has strong clear time and very high damage ceiling. His Q got a huge CD and mana cost buff so we should be seeing him more in the near future.
Neeko buffs seem interesting because she is much more like a top laner with these AS changes. There isn’t much ranged top lane champions, maybe besides Kennen, everyone play tank or bruiser so she can fit in the meta and be one of the niche pick.
Jungle pool buffs
- Passive damage to monster %120 >> %175
- Passive max damage to monster 25-120 >> 28-164
- Q max damage to non-champions 40-120 >> 50-160
If you’d like to get better at League of Legends, join SenpAI Video Coaching Platform and start playing like pro players. SenpAI analyzes millions of pro player games and gives you customized videos, suggestions and AI analysis.