Hey summoners! This is the one, last change before pre season, really going to shake much of the Solo Q meta, besides Bel’Veth nerfs and Ahri buffs. In preparation for your last push of the season, we’re gonna give you the Five Best Mid for High Elo to Climb in LoL patch 12.21.
Besides knowing which are the best champions, you need to know about the optimal runes/items and how they fit your current ranked lobby or game plan. For that, you can check our SenpAI champion page to look at the information like their best runes, items, and even tips to level up your game.
5 Best Mid High Elo picks to climb in LoL Patch 12.21
Disclaimer: The info for this top was based on the SenpAI data for champions. It collects data from all regions.
Our 5th pick of this list belongs to Zed. Although he has been dominating in low elo brackets, in high elo is not exactly the case, more coordinated play and more knowledge from player of this skill bracket makes the Master of Shadows a more tough champ to pull off. Yet, his snowball potential and great laning, makes him a potent pick for the last days of season for Mid in patch 12.21.
- High-mobility and juke possibilities(Use of Shadows + Ult)
- Great deal amount of single burst damage and pick potential
- If facing strong cc comps can be really hard to pilot
- Feels useless when behind
- Doesn’t have great scaling – needs to be ahead
After changes in patch 12.19, Syndra has returned as a premier pick for the mid lane (even picked as supp). Her change in the passive now called Trascendent allows her to scale way harder with the collections of Splinter of Wrath.
With this, the Dark Sovereign has returned to Solo Que relevancy and its probably gonna stay like that for a time.
- Unmatched late game
- Safe and good laning
- Great priority and wave push
- Incredible burst – single target damage
- Good teamfights with her kit utility
- Not that strong in laning like before
- Lacks any dashes and reliable disengage, her unique keep away abilities is her E
- Prone to ganks
- Struggles against assassins like Ekko and Zed
- Needs practice, Syndra needs mastering before using effectively her kits
The Gloomist since her release has been a steady and reliable champion in the mid lane. Her amazing CC in form of her fear passive, good disengage, long range engage and exceptional laning makes her a overall great pick for the mid lane. Her main issues comes from the fact that she can be very vulnerable without her fear passive, prone to gank and lacks skirmish potential like the left picks in the list.
- Great engage, safe laning and good damage
- Has anti-dashes mechanics
- Reliable lane push and tempo
- Immobile and vulnerable without her fear passive.
- It’s not the stronger in skirmish
The queen assassin in the higher brackets of play. In the last days of the season, Qiyana’s ability to snowball makes her a fearsome opponent, especially masters of this champion that know how to navigate every matchup an game state. Her main drawbacks are the unreliable scaling, she needs to snowball and when put behind, can feel really useless.
- Great all in potential
- Good team fight
- Amazing mobility and outplay potential
- Huge snowball potential and carry games
- Weak laning – can be abused by ranged matchups.
- Bad push
- To use at her full potential, needs a lot of mastery – hundreds of games even
- If put behind, doesn’t have many ways to come back into the game
For the Best Mid High Elo pick in LoL patch 12.21 we have The Aspect of Twilight taking this spot. The chaotic nature of Solo que, especially in last days of season makes this little spell mage a perfect fit. The high outplay potential of using Spell Thief (W) and long range set ups with Sleepy Bubble Trouble (E) + Paddle star (Q), makes for deadly pickups in high elo, where heavy skirmish it’s always happening, a good Zoe will make the difference and snowball out of her mind.
Keep in mind that she’s quite skill intensive, and you need to learn a lot of situations to use her effectively. If you are already good at Zoe this is your moment to use her these last days of the Season and collect some free LP.
- High pick up potential
- Amazing 1v1 when using her abilities properly
- Good push, and gank set up with Sleepy Bubble Trouble (E)
- Long range burst (Good at Siege situations)
- Unparalleled skirmish and snowball (Everyone hates a fed Zoe)
- Needs proper vision to use her kit effectively, making her weak when team is behind
- Very squishy and needs to know her matchups pretty well or can be easily exploitable
- Doesn’t provide much utility
- Skill shot reliant, needs mastery
This wraps up our list. Who do you think is the best champion? Zoe its pretty strong when piloted properly, but if you lacking time to learn her we suggest picking up Vex to get that LP push before your season ends.
Hope you do well in last days of the season.
For more lists in other roles. You can check our other entries.