The fourth season begins with a BANG. Large fragments of a comet have altered the terrain by crashing into the map. Discover new ways to play with Hop Rocks, which defy gravity. As you level up your Battle Pass and collect brand-new loot, you may experience the explosion’s aftermath.
The Season 4 Battle Pass is now available with 100 tiers of new cosmetic items, emotes, and Sprays. Start a movie marathon in the latest Save the World questline, Blockbuster! Five quests and one Landmark Mission begin Part 1.
Ray has vanished, and no one knows her whereabouts. With the assistance of Spitfire and Lok, research the comet and prepare to assemble a superhero team. Here are some of the updates to the Fortnite Patch Notes:
V4.0 Fortnite Patch Notes
- The controls are now tailored to the active game mode.
- Additionally, they have been organized by category to facilitate searching.
- Icons have been added to the tabs at the top of the Settings page.
- “Ignore Gamepad Input” option has been added to the Accessibility options tab.
- This option is useful for gamers who remap their controller input using external software and need the game to disregard the controller input.
- Starting island structures can now be destroyed. But not the Battle Bus.
- Headshots now precede other body parts when they are in the way.
- Reduced the hitbox size of player hands slightly.
- When spectating a player, damage numbers are now visible.
- As with normal fall damage, knocking a player off the island will grant elimination credit.
- Fall distance is displayed in the elimination stream when an opponent forces a player to fall.
- On the beginning island, it is now possible to see other players approximately three times farther away than before.
- You can mark cosmetic goods as favorites in the Locker.
- The ‘Random’ option has been introduced to each cosmetic spot in the Locker.
- This will randomly select your preferred products for each match.
- Sprays and emotes are no longer limited to the six spots on your emote wheel; you can now use any of your own in a match!
- The Locker slots function as a page of presets, but you can cycle through any favorite emotes and then all emotes, ordered by kind.
- Added new “Locker Emote Slot” button bindings, allowing instant activation of any of your six Emote or Spray presets.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- The Crossbow has ascended.
- The size of the Rocket Launcher’s aim reticle is now unaffected by player movement.
- You will see markers for hits when using a scope.
- The damage dealt by the pickaxe against Supply Llamas has been increased to 50 per hit.
- An in-game player list is now in Replays.
- Exiting a Replay now returns you to the Replay browser.
- Renaming Replays now has a character limit of 32 characters.
- Increase in the size of the Replay browser’s name column.
ART + ANIMATION
- There is an update to the mesh and animations of the Hunting Rifle.
- Enhancement of the equipment animations for Shotguns, Revolvers, Hand Cannons, and Rocket Launchers; they should now match the equipment time.
- Their equipment duration remains unchanged.
- The cloud of dust that emerges during player landings is now visible to all players.
- Storm winds will affect trees within the storm.
AUDIO – Fortnite Patch Notes
- Adjusted the timing of all Shotgun equipment noises. The weapon’s cocking sound will now occur just before firing.
- Increase of Volume difference between mild and harsh landing sounds.
- Players falling from one or more stories will hear a louder audio cue when they land.
- You will see impacts when striking shrubs, bushes, and cornstalks, and unique impact sounds.
- Smoothed out the movement of other players on the starting island by improving network update rates.
- Significantly improved performance when many players are on-screen by minimizing the influence of character components.
- Optimized obstacles encountered during garbage collection.
- Fixed bugs that could occur in games with the significant building.
- Level of Detail (LOD) for buildings in Shifty Shafts and Flush Factory are now better and improved.
- Improved Input/Output (IO) performance on Consoles to eliminate hiccups and load times.
- The Quickbar enables dragging and dropping to move and drop inventory items.
- Holding the control stick in one direction for three seconds now allows the auto-run option.
- Adding the ‘Repair Building’ button.
- “Cycle Weapon” button added.
- Slightly lowered aim assist strength at greater distances to make fine-tuning aiming easier.
- You will see Indicators for grenades when you equip them.
- Improved low-end mobile performance by scaling backdrop draw distances dynamically with player height.
- Reduced object draw distance for lower-end and mid-range iOS devices.