Are you stuck with a Valorant username that you do not like? Do you feel like your Valorant name is getting older and dull, or do you not like it anymore and want to change it?
Having a username or gamertag, you are unsatisfied with can get annoying, especially if you made a typing error while choosing the name.
Luckily, you will find how to change your Valorant username or gamertag in this guide of ours.
Follow these steps to change your name in Valorant.
- Visit, Riot Games
- Enter your riot ID username and password in the prompt; remember, this is your login username, not your display name.
- Riot may request additional verification at this point; enter the code sent to your registered email address.
- If you do not find the mail from Riot, make sure to check your spam folder, or you can click on “resend code.”
- On the left side of your screen, you can enter your desired name under “riot id” and tag under “tagline.” This is your Valorant name/gamertag.
Your Riot ID is used by players to find you through the social panel in our games.
Riot ID should be at least 3 characters long; the ID cannot be longer than 16 characters.
Taglines should be at least 3 characters long and no more than 5.
Click on “Save Changes” to finish changing your Riot ID.
Characters used both in your Riot ID and tagline can include alphabets, numbers, and special characters
Make sure to double-check your new name and tag; you won’t be able to change your Valorant name again right away; there is a 30-day cooldown before you can change your name again.
- Changing your Valorant name is free; Riot Games does not charge money, Valorant points, or Radianite.
- You cannot include the word “Riot” in your Riot ID or any other variations of the word. For example: RÍot
- Valorant name can be changed every 30 days.
We hope this guide helped you change the Valorant username.
Check out more about Valorant below.
Valorant Tracker: Check your Valorant stats here.
Valorant voice assistant: Your In-game mentor.