Hello Summoner, the League of Legends Patch 12.1 Notes mark the beginning of Season 12. As such, the balance team kept the buffs and nerfs to a minimum. However, we have got other changes to spice up the season.
First of all, League of Legends Patch 12.1 Notes feature a mini-rework to the Teleport spell. Now, the spell comes in two forms with the second form unlocking once tower plates fall. From the beginning of the game till the 14 minutes mark, players can only teleport to allied turrets. However, after the spell transforms, you can teleport to relevant targets.
Also, all ranked borders and armour have taken on new appearances. These changes look cool and while it might take some getting used to, we can come to love them.
League of Legends Patch 12.1 – Champion Nerfs
Unburrowed E base damage adjusted. Burrowed E cooldown increased late.
E – Furious Bite
Physical Damage 50/60/70/80/90 (+85% bonus AD) ⇒ 55/60/65/70/75 (+85% bonus AD)
E – Tunnel
Cooldown 26/23/20/17/14 seconds ⇒ 26/24/22/20/18 seconds
Armor growth reduced. E cooldown increased.
Armor Growth 3.3 ⇒ 3
E – Song of Celerity
Cooldown 12 seconds ⇒ 14 seconds
League of Legends Patch 21.1 – Champion Buffs
Passive AP ratio and monster damage ratio increased.
Passive – Moonsilver Blade
AP Ratio 40% ⇒ 50%
Monster Damage Ratio 250% ⇒ 300%
Q mana cost and cooldown reduced.
Q – Parrrley
Mana Cost 60/55/50/45/40 ⇒ 55/50/45/40/35
Cooldown 5 seconds ⇒ 4.5 seconds
League of Legends Patch 12.1 – Item Balances
(This change also applies to its Ornn Masterwork item).
Ever Rising Moon Cooldown (Melee) 6 seconds ⇒ 8 seconds
Force of Nature
Absorb Stack Duration 5 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds
Dissipate Magic Damage Reduction 20% ⇒ 25%
Attack Damage 55 ⇒ 50
Lifeline Shield 300-800 (based on level) ⇒ 275-650 (based on level)
Build Path Hearthbound Axe + Negatron Cloak + Long Sword + 750 gold ⇒ Hearthbound Axe + Null-Magic Mantle + Pickaxe + 675 gold (total cost unchanged)
Magic Resist 50 ⇒ 40
League of Legends Patch 12.1 – Ranked Season 12
Split 1 Rewards
- Vex Summoner Icon
- Series 1 Eternals Capsule
- Vex Emotes
- Vex Champion Permanent
For more information about Ranked Seasons and Splits, check out the Player Support page.
Changes to Apex Tier Decay
NB: Diamond decay rules are not changing this season.
Updated Banked Days for Apex Players 10 days ⇒ 14 days
Decay Rate 250 LP per day ⇒ 75 LP per day
Updated Apex Decay Floor Diamond I ⇒ Diamond II
Ranked Armour Visual Updates
New Ranked Armor has transformed into Ranked Crests! Check out your rank’s fresh new look in your profile, ranked page, game lobby, and friends list.
New Ranked Crests also have ambient magic
Updated Loading screen borders have been updated to match the new Ranked Crests.
Updated Several parts of the game lobby UI have been rearranged for clarity.
League of Legends Patch 12.1 – Forge God Clash
The Forge God Clash will hold on Jan 15 and 16 but players can start forming teams from Jan 10. This Clash event celebrates the start of Season 12 and will not contribute to the regular Clash Season.
Available rewards include the following:
- 3 Trophies
- 3 Banners
- 5 Team Logos
Normal Clash Season will begin with Patch 12.4
League of Legends Patch 12.1 – Bug Fixes and QoL Changes
- Updated Behavioral Systems: Intentional Feeding Detection has been improved to evaluate more variables and will go live in all regions this patch.
- New Objective Bounties: Targets with active Objective Bounties now have different health bars to indicate their bounty status
- Fixed a bug where Kled would sometimes respawn with an incorrect amount of health
- Fixed a bug where Kled could sometimes get hit by missiles immediately before or while dismounting, even though he should be untargetable in those moments
- Attacking an enemy marked by her W – Yordle Snap Trap or E – 90 Caliber Net will no longer incorrectly grant stacks toward Caitlyn’s Passive – Headshot
- Fixed a bug where Caitlyn would sometimes be able to change her Headshot target while casting E – 90 Caliber Net
- Fixed a bug where, if a champion got caught in Caitlyn’s W – Yordle Snap Trap at the same time as her E – 90 Caliber Net, Caitlyn’s extended Headshot range would get canceled
- Axiom Arc’s ultimate cooldown reduction passive will now scale correctly with the Ultimate Hunter rune
- Fixed a bug where, at maximum stacks, Lethal Tempo’s bonus attack speed would sometimes persist against non-champion targets
- Fixed a bug where Bard’s Meeps would become targetable after he traveled through Hexgates
- Vi’s Passive – Blast Shield will now activate properly on all structures
- Fixed a bug where Bard’s R – Tempered Fate did not interact with Glacial Augment correctly
- Watchful Wardstone and Vigilant Wardstone’s tooltips will now include the number of wards they currently have placed
- Fixed a bug where Kindred’s R – Lamb’s Respite would heal champions more than it was supposed to
- Fixed a bug where, if Lucian was silenced, his basic attacks would not have Passive – Lightslinger effects
- Fixed a bug where Pantheon’s Q – Comet Spear would incorrectly go on full cooldown if interrupted within its tap-cast time
- Pantheon’s Q – Comet Spear range indicator has been fixed and will change between its tap-cast and hold-cast versions accurately
- Fixed Sylas’ interactions with Lux’s stolen R – Final Spark and Miss Fortune’s stolen R – Bullet Time
- Consuming Skarner’s Crystal Venom mark from his E – Fracture will correctly deal bonus damage
- Fixed a bug where, if Vex died while casting a consecutive R – Shadow Surge, its cooldown would not reset
- Fixed a bug where Talon’s Q – Noxian Diplomacy could sometimes hit untargetable enemy champions
- Heimerdinger’s Q – H-28G Evolution Turret’s deactivation sound effects have been restored for several of his skins
- Heimerdinger’s E – CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade’s explosion sound effects will no longer play multiple times upon hitting an enemy