The League of Legends Patch 12.17 is here, and it brings massive changes in preparation for Worlds 2022. League’s balance team announced that this patch focuses on shaking up picks that have been dominating playoffs, creating opportunities for spicier picks!
We are also thrilled to experience a new skin line! Yes, the Zenith Games universe launches with League of Legends Patch 12.17. Let’s check out the patch details!
Base health decreased. Charm duration decreased early.
E – Charm
Charm Duration: 1.4/1.55/1.7/1.85/2 seconds ⇒ 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds.
W AP scaling decreased, cooldown increased early. E cooldown increased.
W – Arise!
Sand Soldier Damage: 50-150 (based on level) (+60% AP) ⇒ 50-150 (based on level) (+55% AP).
Cooldown: 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds ⇒ 9/8.25/7.5/6.75/6 seconds.
E – Shifting Sands
Cooldown: 19/18/17/16/15 seconds ⇒ 22/20.5/19/17.5/16 seconds.
E electrocute interaction removed.
E – Tidecaller’s Blessing
Removed We have removed an interaction where each application of Nami’s E would count towards procing Electrocute. E (and its applications) will now only count as a single spell cast for effects such as Electrocute.
Q base damage decreased, AD scaling increased.
Q – Cull the Meek
Damage: 65/100/135/170/205 (+80% bonus AD) ⇒ 60/90/120/150/180 (+100% bonus AD).
Furious Damage: 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 (+120% bonus AD) ⇒ 90 / 135 / 180 / 225 / 270 (+140% bonus AD).
AD growth decreased. W bounce AD ratio decreased.
AD Growth: 3 ⇒ 2.8.
W – Ricochet
Bounce Damage AD Ratio: 30/35/40/45/50% total AD ⇒ 25/30/35/40/45% total AD.
Base health decreased. Q cooldown increased.
Base Health: 595 ⇒ 575.
Q – Chain Lash
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds ⇒ 11/10/9/8/7 seconds.
Base magic resist decreased. E cooldown increased.
Base Magic Resist: 32 ⇒ 28.
E – Dazzle
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.
W cooldown increased at all ranks.
W – Frozen Domain
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds ⇒ 18/17/16/15/14 seconds.
Decreased base attack speed. Base move speed decreased.
Attack Speed: 0.711 ⇒ 0.680.
Base Movespeed: 345 ⇒ 340.
Passive shields increased. E damage increased.
Passive – Adaptive Defenses
Percent HP Shielded: 17% ⇒ 20%.
E – Hookshot/Wall Dive
Damage: 60/95/130/165/200 (+75% bonus AD) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+90% bonus AD).
E cooldown decreased.
E – Arcane Shift
Cooldown: 28/25/22/19/16 seconds ⇒ 26/23/20/17/14 seconds.
Q cooldown decreased. R base damage increased.
Q – End of the Line
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds ⇒ 13/11.5/10/8.5/7 seconds.
R – Collateral Damage
Damage: 250/400/550 (+150% bonus AD) ⇒ 275/425/575 (+150% bonus AD).
Q cooldown decreased, mana cost decreased.
Q – Null Sphere
Cooldown: 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds ⇒ 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds.
Mana Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 ⇒ 60/65/70/75/80.
Q base damage increased late, cast time adjusted. W mana cost decreased, attack speed bonus increased. E cooldown increased, base damage decreased, AP scaling increased, slow now scales with AP.
Q – Double Up
Physical Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+100% AD) (+35% AP) ⇒ 20/45/70/95/120 (+100% AD) (+35% AP).
Cast Time: 0.25s ⇒ Matches Basic Attack Time.
W – Strut
Mana Cost: 45 ⇒ 35.
Attack Speed: 40/55/70/85/100% ⇒ 50/65/80/95/110%.
E – Make It Rain
Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10 seconds ⇒ 18/17/16/15/14 seconds.
Full Damage (8-ticks): 80/115/150/185/220 (+80% AP) ⇒ 70/100/130/160/190 (+100% AP)
Slow 40/45/50/55/60% ⇒ 50% (+4% per 100 AP).
Base attack speed increased. Passive cooldown decreased.
Attack Speed Ratio: 0.668 ⇒ 0.721.
Passive – Umbra Blades
Cooldown: 14 seconds ⇒ 13 seconds.
W dismounted movement speed increased. E cooldown now flat.
W – Ferromancy: Crash Down
Move Speed while Dismounted: 250 ⇒ 280.
E – Attract and Repel
Cooldown: 18/16.25/14.5/12.75/11 seconds ⇒ 13 seconds.
W AD ratio increased. E slow increased.
W – Haymaker
AD ratio: 20% per 100 bonus AD ⇒ 25% per 100 bonus AD.
E – Facebreaker
Slow: 50% ⇒ 70%.
Q AP ratio increased. W mana cost decreased.
Q – Wild Card
AP Ratio: 70% ⇒ 80%.
W – Pick A Card
Mana Cost: 40/55/70/85/100 ⇒ 30/40/50/60/70.
Base Armor: 35 ⇒ 32.
HP Growth: 104 ⇒ 99.
Q – Rampage
Damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (+90% bonus AD) ⇒ 60/85/110/135/160 (+95% bonus AD).
Damage per stack: 2% (+3% per 100 bonus AD) ⇒ 4% (+6% per 100 bonus AD).
Q Cooldown per stack 1: second ⇒ 0.75 seconds.
Max number of stacks: 2 ⇒ 3.
Stack Falloff: All at duration end ⇒ 1 stack per second at duration end.
Mana Cost: 28/31/34/37/40 ⇒ 30.
W – Spirit of Dread
Cooldown: 14 seconds ⇒ 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 seconds.
New Armoured Cavalry: Hecarim gains 15/20/25/30/35 Armor and Magic Resist while Spirit of Dread is active.
E – Devastating Charge
Min Damage: 30/45/60/75/90 (+55% bonus AD) ⇒ 30/45/60/75/90 (+50% bonus AD).
Max Damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (+110% bonus AD) ⇒ 60/90/120/150/180 (+100% bonus AD).
Minimum Knockback: 250 ⇒ 150.
Maximum Knockback: 450 ⇒ 350.
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 ⇒ 18 at all ranks.
R – Onslaught of Shadows
Fear Duration: 0.75 – 2 seconds based on distance traveled ⇒ 0.75-1.5 seconds based on distance traveled.
Passive, Q, E, and R adjusted.
Passive – Sap Magic
New Trees Strick Back: Getting hit by large jungle monsters now reduces Sap Magic’s cooldown by 1.5 seconds per attack received.
Heal: 5-45 (+4.5-11% Max Health) (levels 1-15) ⇒ 4-34 (+4.8-14% Max Health) (levels 1-17).
Q – Bramble Smash
Damage: 70/110/150/190/230 (+40% AP) ⇒ 65/110/155/200/245 (+40% AP).
New Wood You Believe It: Q now deals percent maximum health damage (2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3%).
New Branching Out: Q now deals 40/60/80/100/120 bonus damage to monsters.
E – Sapling Toss
Removed Not So Health-Y: Saplings no longer deal maximum percent health damage.
Base Damage: 20/45/70/95/120 (+7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8% (+70% per 100 AP) target maximum Health) ⇒ 55/80/105/130/155 (+42.5% AP +6% bonus HP).
Empowered Brush Damage: 40/90/140/190/240 (+14/14.5/15/15.5/16% (+1.4% per 100 AP) target maximum Health) ⇒ 110/160/210/260/310 (+85% AP +12% bonus HP).
New Minions Activist: Minions no longer take empowered brush damage from Saplings.
Mana Cost 60/70/80/90/100 ⇒ 45/55/65/75/85.
Slow Amount 35% ⇒ 45%.
New A Lil Sappy: Brush-empowered Saplings now slow for 35% ⇒ 45% (+2% per 100 AP) (6% per 1000 bonus HP).
R – Nature’s Grasp
Initial Speed: 50 ⇒ 100.
Missile Maximum Speed: 650 ⇒ 750.
Missile Acceleration: 250 ⇒ 300.
New Make Like a Tree and Leave: Maokai now gains 40/50/60% Bonus Move Speed that decays over 2 seconds upon hitting enemy champions.
Cost: 650 ⇒ 750.
(Note: Perfect Timing will still only contribute 250 gold towards a Stopwatch item).
Combine Cost 50 gold ⇒ 150 gold.
Total Cost 2800 ⇒ 3000 gold.
Attack Damage 40 ⇒ 45.
Ability Power: 20 ⇒ 30.
Total Cost: 2600 ⇒ 3000.
Ability Power: 65 ⇒ 80.
Ability Haste: 10 ⇒ 15.
- Gragas -3% Damage Taken ⇒ -5% Damage Taken.
- Gwen +5% Damage Taken ⇒ +5% Damage Dealt, 0% Damage Taken.
- Lee Sin +5% Damage Dealt, -5% Damage Taken, +20% Healing ⇒ +5% Damage Dealt, -5% Damage Taken, +20% Healing, +20% Shielding.
- Qiyana +15% Damage Dealt, -15% Damage Taken ⇒ +15% Damage Dealt, -20% Damage Taken.
- Sylas -5% Damage Taken ⇒ +5% Damage Dealt, -5% Damage Taken.
- Zac -4% Damage Taken, +20% Healing.
- Bel’Veth +5% Damage Dealt, -10% Damage Taken ⇒ +5% Damage Dealt, -5% Damage Taken.
- LeBlanc +20% Damage Dealt, -20% Damage Taken ⇒ +17% Damage Dealt, -17% Damage Taken.
- Nasus +5% Damage Taken ⇒ -5% Damage Dealt, +5% Damage Taken.
- Sona -5% Damage Dealt, +10% Damage Taken ⇒ -5% Damage Dealt, +10% Damage Taken, -20% Healing, -20% Shielding.
- Zed +15% Damage Dealt, -15% Damage Taken ⇒ +10% Damage Dealt, -10% Damage Taken.
Ultimate Spellbook Updates
One for All-Timate Spellbook
We’ve adjusted the chances so it should be more likely for this special game mode to happen!
The following ultimates have been updated to match their original champion’s functionality.
- Caitlyn R.
- Kai’Sa R.
- Maokai R.
- Fixed several missing translations in Ult-ernate Summoner Spell tooltips.
- Mordekaiser R will now properly remove the champion icon of an enemy next to your health bar when they have respawned.
- All Ult-ernate Summoner Spells will now consistently trigger the champions channeling animation rather than sometimes using their normal ultimate animation (this would be confusing on certain champions like Wukong).
- Fixed several spell status icons that were previously missing.
Behavioural Systems Update
Over the last 8 months since we released our new feeding detection model, we have gained the confidence that allows us to make significant adjustments to what we detect as intentional feeding. We expect an increase in detections and punishments of over 2x. (Reminder that punishments for intentional feeding are a 14-day ban for the first transgression, and a permanent ban for the second.)
Chat restrictions will be visible on the lobbies screen for yourself and any party members, as well as on individual profile pages.
Honor restrictions applied to your account will be visible on your profile page with a lock icon and tooltip.
Summoner’s Rift Ranked queue matchmaking will now focus more on players’ MMR and less on their visible rank (e.g., Silver or Gold).
Noxus Cup Clash
Team formation for the second weekend of the Noxus Cup starts on September 12, and the tournament days are on September 17 and 18.
Global Defense System has been added! (Have a control ward in the enemy jungle for 65+% of the game.)
Bugfixes and Quality of Life Changes
- Addressed some high variation between the milestones for some Starter Series Eternals (e.g. the “Epic Monsters Killed” milestone 1 would require Amumu to kill 9, Diana to kill 3, and Fiddlesticks to kill 2). Values to reach this and other milestones have been updated to be more uniform across champions. (Note: this was updated in patch 12.16 but was not included in the patch notes.)
- Updated tooltips on champions that can swap between melee and ranged forms (e.g. Jayce or Nidalee) so that they now dynamically update values based on whether they are in melee or ranged form.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the cursor to move erratically when using smart pings.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Ancient Grudge Buff (which reduces damage done to subsequent drakes) not to grant damage reduction for every Drake slain if the Drakes were Hextech ones.
- Draven’s R execute passive will no longer execute enemies through spell shields.
- Fixed a bug where Rift Herald’s spawn animation would interrupt the knockback from Poppy’s R.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ornn’s item upgrades to be lost if the teammate he was upgrading died during the channel.
- Sejuani’s E will no longer proc Tear of the Goddess stacks when a melee champion walks near her.
- Fixed a bug that removed Fizz’s E range indicator to not show after his VFX update.
- Fixed a bug that caused Zeri’s Q animation to leave vision for longer than intended when last hitting minions.
- Pyke’ R will no longer go on cooldown if the enemy was killed by another ally.
- Fixed a bug where champions could cast Flash while Charmed if they casted Heal or Ghost.
- Fixed a bug where the Treasure Hunter rune would play Draven’s passive sound effects if there was a Draven present in the game.
- Executing to the Fountain or minions will no longer progress the “Free Ticket to Base” challenge.
- Fixed a bug where Sion’s Zombie form would count as an additional kill or assist for certain challenges.
- Fixed a bug where Sett’s ultimate would disable the opponent’s Hexflash and Flash for the remainder of the game.
- Unleashed Teleport’s cooldown will now display correctly on the scoreboard once it has transformed.
- Fixed a bug where using certain abilities after casting Flash would disable Hexflash and Flash.
- Fixed a bug that gave Elder Dragon the normal Drake roar as opposed to his own, special, Elder roar.