Riot is going for a holiday break, and to leave players with a somewhat healthy last days of the year, there’s going to be a quick patch this wednesday with tweaks, and buffs for all your winter break players. Learn about all LoL changes for Patch 12.23B in this SenpAI entry.
Lol Changes for Patch 12.23B – Last changes of the year
Riot Phroxzon announced last changes of the year for LoL in this patch 12.23b before
Patch 12.23b changes (coming out on Wednesday 14th).
We're opting to go more nerf heavy this patch to address some of the balance outliers. More on specifics tomorrow. Some champs are getting Riot special, but those that are, we think have viable alternatives that are balanced pic.twitter.com/sZQgo9mxkp
— Matt Leung-Harrison (@RiotPhroxzon) December 12, 2022
Buffs to Champions in Patch 12.23b
For buffs there’s only one champion and that’s Lux. Really there’s no much to get into, apparently despite her winrate being avobe 50% Riot felt she’s not in the best state. Although these buffs are a little small, for sure the new Ultimate AP ratio it’s going to feel way more OP.
- E AP ratio increased from 70% to 80%
- R AP ratio increased from 100% to 120%
Nerfs to Champions in Patch 12.23b
There’s a lot of champions getting nerfed for this patch, and wel…l that’s expected when taking into account the chaos preseason brings to the game. To mention some before going into the list, Morde is getting a nerf (Small one tho), Zed it’s finally addressed, huge Nilah changes, and many junglers tweaks.
OP pick since day one of Preseason. He’s finally getting some nerfs in patch 12.23b, but to be honest… they don’t feel big enought to bring this juggernaut down anytime soon.
- P bug fix where his abilities would still apply stacks to jungle camps
- W damage taken to shield reduced from 15% to 10%.
Update: W damage taken to shield reverted from 10% to 15%
The Master of Shadows after many months of domination in the mid lane it’s finally getting some nerfs. Although they don’t seem as big, this will tune down some of his laning power, and hopefully open more room for counterplay.
- Q base damage reduced from 80 – 220 to 70 – 210
- E base damage reduced from 70 – 150 to 65 – 145
- E cooldown increased from 5 – 3 seconds to 5 – 4
- W base armor reduced from 50 to 40
- W base MR reduced from 15 to 10
- W cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 7
- Q AD ratio reduced from 90%
- 130% to 90% – 120%
- Q crit amplifier increased from 100% crit chance to 120% crit chance
- Q healing increased from 15% crit chance to 20% crit chance
- R AD ratio reduced from 140% bAD to 112%
- R healing reduced from 30% + 15% crit chance champion damage to 20% + 10%% crit chance
- P bonus MS reduced from 8% to 6%
- E base bonus AD reduced from 10 – 40 to 10 – 30
- R cooldown increased from 110 seconds to 120
- Health regen growth reduced from 0.75 to 0.55
- P HP increased from 3% current HP to 4%
- P regen reduced from 0.4% – 2.5% max HP to 4% – 2.3%
- Q HP cost changed from 60 flat to 50 – 90
- E HP cost changed from 20 – 60 to 10 – 70
- P base damage reduced from 6% max HP to 5%
- Q base damage reduced from 40 – 80 to 35 – 75
- Q damage amp per stack reduced from 4% + 5% per 100 bonus AD to 3% + 4% per 100 bonus AD
One champion that is wreaking havoc since Preseason started a few weeks ago it’s Udyr. There are several complaints in r/LeagueofLegends like this one. To calm players Riot is making these changes, although this will nerf mostly Prowler’s build.
- WER mana costs reduced from 45 – 28 to 40 – 23
- Q damage reduced from 3 – 10% + 6% per 100 bAD max HP to 3 – 8% + 5% per 100 bAD
- Q empowered damage reduced from 2% – 5% + 3% per 100 bAD max HP to 2% – 4% + 2% per 100 bAD
- Q on-hit damage changed to 5 – 45 + 20% bAD to 5-35 + 30% bAD
- R base damage per second increased from 10 – 50 to 10 – 60
As expected in Preseason, besides Items, Jungle is the role that tends to bring more chaos to balance. And in this opportunity, at least for pets, Mosstomper is receiving the nerf hammer.
– Epic monster damage reduction reduced from 30% to 20%
– Gold per treat reduced from 35 to 30
– Mosstomper shield reduced from 75 – 330 to 60 – 281
– Monster gold changes are in too but aren’t scrapable
Item changes in Patch 12.23B
These aren’t as big but for sure would nerf some of the most popular builds for Bruiser (Jak’Sho) and the abuse of Prowler’s + Ravenous Hydra
Tiamat nerfs: Cleave AD ratio reduced from 50%/25% to 40%/20%
Ravenous Hydra nerfs: Stacks lost on death increased from 50% to 60% – Cleave AD ratio reduced from 50%/25% to 40%/20%
Jak’Sho, The Protean nerfs: Cost increased from 3000 to 3100 – Resists per stack reduced from 3 to 2 (max 24 to 16)
Plans for Next Year
Last but not least, Phroxzon made some comments regards earlier focus in next year balance aka Season 13.
You can check them in his tweet
Some additional things that need more time and are coming (hopefully) early next year.
– ROA Satisfaction
– Making Jak'Sho neutral on tanks and weaker on fighters (esp 2nd, fine 3rd or 2nd if snowball)
– Seraph's changes
– Radiant broadening (strong on some users, but narrow)
— Matt Leung-Harrison (@RiotPhroxzon) December 13, 2022
This make the last patch note changes for the year. What do you think? Although many of this changes are very welcomed (Oh I hate Ravenous Hydra so much) still feel a pretty lacking, but as Preseason changes are still in pretty early stages of meta development, probably players themselves will figure out ways to play around the most OP champs.
With no much further to add, hope you have a great holiday break and spend quality time with your loved ones, or playing Elden Ring tirelessly (Game of the Year! btw).