League of Legends Patch Notes 10.11 is live and Volibear is in its final form! As we have mentioned in our PBE Notes, ADCs now have the anticipated health buff and attack speed items are more dangerous. Let’s begin with the champion stats and continue with our thoughts upon the new update.
Available with patch 10.11
Yes, Volibear is live. Terrifying.
- The Relentless Storm (Passive): Volibear gains 3% attack speed whenever he deals damage, which stacks up to 5 times. Lightning Claws: At 5 stacks, Volibear’s claws ignite with lightning, causing his basic attack to deal 11-60 (+40% AP) bonus magic damage to the 5 closest enemies. Volibear must deal damage within 6 seconds to maintain this effect.
- Thundering Smash (Q): Volibear gains 10/15/20/25/30% movement speed for 4 seconds (or 20/30/40/50/60% towards enemy champions) and the ability to move through units. While active, Volibear’s next basic attack deals 25/50/75/100/125 (+120% bAD) bonus damage and stuns the target for 1 second.
Volibear becomes enraged if an enemy immobilizes him before he stuns a target, resetting this ability and its cooldown.
- Frenzied Maul (W): Volibear mauls an enemy, dealing 10/35/60/85/110 (+100% tAD) (+6% bonus health) physical damage, applying on-hit effects, and wounding the target for 8 seconds.
If Frenzied Maul is used on a wounded target, its damage is increased by 50% and Volibear restores 20/35/50/65/80 health + 8/10/12/14/16% of his missing health (50% effective against minions).
- Sky Splitter (E): After a delay, Volibear summons a lightning bolt at a target location. This deals 60/90/120/150/180 (+80% AP) (+7/8.5/10/11.5/13% of the target’s maximum health) magic damage and slows enemies by 40% for 2 seconds. Damage against non-champions is capped at 100/200/300/400/500.
If Volibear is inside the blast zone, he gains a shield equal to 15% of his maximum health (+80% AP) for 3 seconds.
- Stormbringer (R): Volibear transforms and leaps toward a target location, gaining 200/400/600 health, 50 attack range, and the ability to move through units for the next 12 seconds.
Upon landing, nearby enemy towers are disabled for 2/4/6 seconds and suffer 250/475/700 (+250% bAD) (+125% AP) physical damage. Nearby enemies are slowed by 50%, decaying over 1 second. Enemies directly underneath Volibear suffer 250/475/700 (+250% bAD) (+125% AP) physical damage.
Champion Buffs & Nerfs
- Fiddlesticks: Passive Effigy posing time increased. Abilities cast when posing as Effigy now Terrify enemies. W minion damage increased.
- Gangplank: Base AS ratio increased.
- Graves: Q first shot damage ratio reduced.
- Hecarim: Q base damage increased; minion damage reduction increased.
- Janna: W base damage decreased later.
- Kai’Sa: Q bonus AD ratio increased. R range increased later.
- Lux: E2 slow duration increased.
- Syndra: E cooldown increased.
- Talon: Q cost increased; heal on kill decreased early.
General ADC Buffs
The infamous marksman boost is finally live. Most of ADCs will get the buff yet solo laners will have a different approach. Here are the updates on the following champions.
- Base Health +30
- Base Health Growth +2
- Applied to: Aphelios, Ashe, Caitlyn, Draven, Ezreal, Jhin, Jinx, Kai’Sa, Kog’Maw, Miss Fortune, Sivir, Twitch, Varus, Xayah
Buffs for Solo Laners
- PASSIVE – LIGHTSLINGER SECOND SHOT CRITICAL STRIKE
- PASSIVE – LIGHTSLINGER BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Lightslinger basic attacks would not fire if the target became out of range
W – SENTINEL
- SOUL-MARKED BONUS MAGIC DAMAGE
10/12/14/16/18% target’s max health⇒ 14/15/16/17/18% target’s max health
20 mana⇒ No mana
- Q – TUMBLE BASIC ATTACK BONUS DAMAGE:
50/55/60/65/70% of total attack damage⇒ 60/65/70/75/80% of total attack damage
- BASE ATTACK SPEED RATIO
The following items got their luck as well and a %2 addition is applied to the movement speed aspect of them. All for bringing back the glory of bot lane!
- Zeal: MOVEMENT SPEED
- Phantom Dancer: MOVEMENT SPEED
- Rapid Firecannon: MOVEMENT SPEED
- Statikk Shiv: MOVEMENT SPEED
- Runaan’s Hurricane: MOVEMENT SPEED
The overall base health buff will pinch our heroes for sure since the bot lane was a bit weak for a while. Riot has added survivability to ADCs yet the advantage can differ among the listed champions. We will see if the buff is a bit too much for some like Draven or was efficient just enough in the upcoming days of gameplay.
Terrify: With his buffs, Riot actually added more fun to Fiddlesticks. We will see more variations in plays with Fiddlesticks’ new Terrify modifier in team fights and players need to be extra careful to face the right direction. This buff can be considered as a jungle buff as well since the W got its minion modifier as well.
Yarr! : Gangplank seems to come back to meta with the attack speed buff since items also got a buff as well. It seems like a little push however we expect to see him on top lane often and farming his way up to glory.
The Horseman: Hecarim has become a beast again. He was already up on the 5th place on the highest pick after patch 10.10, now we expect to see his enemies a bit more reluctant to engage in early game since he can spam Q more frequently. The change will also make him a more viable jungle and provide an efficient clear.
Purple Wings: With two sets of buffs to her side, Kai’Sa is expected to be noticed by high elo players again in bot lane. We will see how the future unfolds for her after the implementation of patch 10.11
Illuminance: Welcome back to mid-lane Lux lovers! The adjustment in the slow effect was intended for support position however, that slow adjustment upon the detonation will definitely change mid laning as well. She has more crowd control in team fights and provides more safety for herself and her allies. Her zoning ability is now way more effective and both mid and bot lane will see Lux more often.
My Wife is So Cool: Lucian is already a strong one in the early game and his buffs also add up to his late-game now. The %25 increase in the crit shot is quite an interesting choice since this will also make his hand stronger in the top and bot lanes as well.
Revenge: An oppressive early game champion, Kalista’s max HP will be huge by the mid-game now. Resources were always a problem for her and now this resolves a bit with the new buff.
Jumpy Yordle with a cannon: The attack speed modifier will mostly affect Tristana in longer games and will be a total trouble. Try to win quickly against her.
Hunter: Vayne got the smallest buff among ADCs since most of the players prefer AS Vayne. The item buffs could help this yet we will see if players will switch back to a more damage-output version of her with the new stats.
Reckless Guns: Graves is a very strong pick nowadays and has very few weaknesses. Riot must have seen it to reduce the burst damage of him after a couple of full items. You won’t be able to tell the difference until then yet be careful around a rich Graves.
Redhead on Cooldown: An expected nerf on Katarina. She’s on a roll when she gets kills and resets her abilities, therefore, the decrease in AP ratio makes her less dangerous than she was before. We are possibly going to see more lane-based Katarinas than roaming ones from now on.
Storm-feet: Yes we are happy, yes we will not hide it. Janna was too oppressive on lane even if she is alone and the nerf on W will slow her down a little bit however her defensive set is still viable.
Actual Sindel: Syndra is a trusted company in the team fights with her zone control and burst damage. She was a little bit too safe and the nerf will make her prone to ganks without shaking the core of her power.
Assassin’s Creed: It seems players still have second thoughts to play against Talon, therefore, Riot has decided to change Talon players’ early game plan and early laning a bit. He would need more recalls because of the reduced stats of his healing on kill and mana cost.
Available with patch 10.11
Activation: May 28th, 2020
Cassiopeia is now way more effective with her new hitbox designs. Riot has decided to offer some clarity with her skills and we couldn’t agree more.
“So now, Cassiopeia will see a clearer indicator above her Poisoned targets’ head. “
- Q – NOXIOUS BLAST Updated the smoke particles on her base skin to more accurately stay within the actual range of the ability
- E – TWIN FANG Enemy champions that are Poisoned will have a fang icon over their head to indicate that they will receive bonus damage from it
- R – PETRIFYING GAZE Updated on all skins with a decal at the edge of her hitbox, more clearly showing the area affected
Available with patch 10.11
- Jhin’s Passive – Whisper fourth shot can no longer be canceled versus minions and monsters
- Jhin will no longer auto-target enemies and monsters with his fourth shot when idle
- Players demoting out of Master will now always land in Diamond I with 75 LP
- Fixed a bug where newly acquired Clash Banners frames were not showing up in-game or in the Profile tab
- Sylas now properly gains bonus attack speed from Passive – Petricite Burst when holding Jax’s Grandmaster’s Might via R – Hijack
- Fixed a bug where Sylas would not deal damage to all enemies with a stolen Karthus ultimate (R – Requiem)
- Singed is no longer able to use E – Fling while Suppressed from Warwick’s R – Infinite Duress
- Malzahar’s E – Malefic Visions‘s debuff now properly spreads onto the closest target even after killing zombie Sion during the ability’s effect
- Aatrox will properly heal from Passive – Deathbringer Stance or E – Umbral Dash when attacking an enemy Malphite with Passive – Granite Shield
- Gragas is no longer able to stun enemies that are reasonably apart from each other by casting E – Body Slam through a wall on one target and then Flashing onto the other
- Lissandra’s Frozen Thralls will no longer count as allies and take a portion of her Turret Plating gold if they are nearby
- When a player is executed by a neutral damage source (minions, monsters, turrets, etc.), they will no longer get the early game death Homeguards
Newcomers to Astronaut Line
Available with patch 10.11
Thre new wanderers join the ranks of Riot’s Astro squad. Poppy, Gnar and Bard is now ready for launch! Nautilus and Teemo had already had their suits yet now they also have chromas.
Honor 5 Chromas
When you hit Honor 5 this season, your capsule award will include a token that can redeem one of these two new chromas!
This concludes the patch 10.11 notes. We will be waiting to see how the event will fold and what awaits us in the future. Keep following SenpAI!
If you’d like to get better at League of Legends, join SenpAI Video Coaching Platform and start playing like pro players. SenpAI analyzes millions of pro player games and gives you customized videos, suggestions and AI analysis.