Take part in the Teamfight Tactics Gifts of the Golden Lantern mission to earn rewards! Here you’ll find out how to complete all missions in the event. Make sure to accept the invite from Duckbill in-client and play a TFT game to start! Once you have, you’ll be able to talk to the seven Tacticians at the festival to take part in the events missions. The event will finish on the 15th February 2022, so make sure to complete your missions before then!
Phase 1, Gather Gifts:
The first part of the Gifts of the Golden Lantern event is to find out what gifts the new Tacticians would like for the gift exchange. By talking to the Tacticians you find out what they want – each gift can be found by completing the following missions:
- Shopping Spree – Refresh the shop 30 times to find the perfect festival decorations for Porcelain Dowsie.
- A Briny Bargain – Get a fish to give to Lunar Beast Choncc by feeding a 2-star champion to Tahm Kench.
- The Best Bauble – Collect 40 loot orbs to get Lucky Lantern Dango the best trinket out there!
- The Biggest of Booms – Track down fireworks for Firecracker Jinx, by getting Jinx to cast her spell in a game.
- Signature of the Star – Get an autograph for Lucky Noodle Dowsie! Place a 3-star champion in a Socialite spotlight.
- Trash to Treasure – Find parts for Firecracker Duckbill’s helicopter by upgrading 30 components whilst the Scrap trait is active.
- A Prestigious Prize – Finish high on the leader board in your games to win a trophy for Year of the Tiger Protector.
Phase 2, Solve Riddles:
After gathering all gifts for the Tacticians, the second part of the event asks you to solve their riddles, so that you can exchange your gifts with them! Each gift can be found by completing the following missions:
- Firecracker Duckbill – Combine two of the same components to create a completed item twice in a single game.
- Lucky Noodle Dowsie – Place Jayce into both the front-line and back-line in a single game, showing off his transforming capabilities.
- Firecracker Jinx – Field 5 or 7 Mercenaries in your team comp. There are 5 champions in the game that already have this trait: Illaoi, Quinn, Miss Fortune, Gangplank and Tahm Kench. You can also get Mercenary emblems from Augments, and place them on another champion to assemble your Mercenary comp.
- Lucky Lantern Dango – Choose a Prismatic Augment and field a Prismatic trait in game. Prismatic Augments can give game changing buffs, they are most likely to appear in the third Armory. Examples of this include High Roller and Golden Ticket. Prismatic traits are the highest tier you can get for some comps, for example, full Mercenaries from TFT set 6.
- Lunar Beast Choncc – Field two 2-star Colossus champions. Your main Colossus champs to look out for are Cho-Gath and Sion. Getting a 2-star Galio is a little more tricky but more possible late-game!
- Porcelain Dowsie – Use the Shroud of Stillness item to delay spells of 15 enemy champions. Shroud of Stillness can be made from Sparring gloves and Chain Vest. It is still valid if it’s generated from the Scrap trait or Thieves Gloves.
- Year of the Tiger Protector – Receive a Celestial Blessing augment from the Armory. There are 3 Celestial Blessing augments in the current TFT patch, each with different healing and shielding capabilities.
Phase 3, Light Lanterns:
After all gifts have been exchanged with the Tacticians, the New Year can be celebrated by releasing the Golden Lanterns into the sky! Throughout the event, you’ll earn the following rewards:
- Year of the Tiger Egg
- Festival of Beasts 2021 Egg
- Festival Firecracker
- Like my Stripes? Emote
- 180 Star Shards