Hello SenpAI followers! There have been so many changes to TFT patch 10.21, many of the changes made in PBE kept in the live patch, here is our article about new changes!
We have seen the debut of the new item system on PBE and items will be there for an extended six-week testing period. Here to share a preview of the 22 new Mythic items you can look forward to this November, plus a few dozen new and updated Legendary items. Click here to view our article about the new items.
Welcome Fate seekers,
This is a big patch with lots to cover, but let’s not bury the lede: We’re reverting the shop changes that we implemented at the start of Fates, unbought champions may again appear in consecutive shops. We’ll dive deeper into our reasoning below, but in short, it was too easy to get 3-star champions and too difficult to adapt one’s gameplan during the course of a game.
This patch will also see some significant work to a few traits. Cultists will now buff up Galio with their combined star level. Divine champions now work a little bit differently to give them greater, but time-gated, power. Moonlight and Vanguard are getting an additional tier to really top off their compositions.
Last but not least, ranked rewards from Galaxies will be delivered this patch. You’ll get an emote denoting your final rank from Galaxies Stage II, and a very special Hauntling (or Hauntlings) if you ended in Gold or higher in one or both ranked stages.
Let’s get into it!BLAKE “RIOT BEERNANA” EDWARDS
- You will also receive an emote that represents your final rank in Galaxies’ second-ranked stage.
We changed the shop odds at the start of Fates in order to make rolling in the shop feel more diverse, valuable, and fun (which it did!).
Unfortunately, this change also had a few other side effects that we aren’t happy with. First, the frequency and ease of achieving 3-Star units (especially in combination with Chosen) were too high across the board. Just like the last patch, we really want to avoid needing to tune down 3-star power and excitement, so we’re targeting their frequency instead.
Additionally, for players who really understood the new shop rule, it became optimal to purposely not buy or speculate on units outside of their current gameplan. This made interesting pivots no longer as viable an option and limited the broader gameplay experience.
- Removed the Fates change to the shop that prohibited unbought champions from repeating in consecutive shops.
- Modified the Chosen appearance rate to reduce some of the worst luck cases and streakiness.
- You are now guaranteed to see at least one Chosen by stage 2-2.
Patch 10.21 Trait Changes
Context for Shades: We’re reducing their effective time being stealthed by changing how the shade trait triggers. The stealth will now take effect AFTER 3 attacks, instead of on the 3rd attack. Shades will now auto attack 3 times, and then after the third one lands they will stealth and do bonus damage on their 4th attack, overall this is a nerf to the trait.
- Adept Attack Speed Slow:
2/3/5sec⇒ 2.5/4/7 sec
- Hunter Bonus Damage:
175% at all levels⇒ 150/175/200/225%
Since Hunter only scaled on the repeat time before, this change can actually give you the reason to use more Hunters in your comp.
- Moonlight (5) now exists: Stars up the lowest 2 champions.
You can actually use Moonlights in your late game now.
- Mystic Magic Resist:
The problem with Mystic is the champions which share this synergy, they are not suitable for each other since the only common part they share is the Mystic trait, this buff will not really bring 6 mystics even if you have a serious Mage issue in your game.
- Ninja AD and AP:
We haven’t seen the power of 4 Ninjas yet. Hopefully we can see Assassin + Shade combos in the game after that change.
- Shades now gain the Stealth effect AFTER their 3rd attack instead of FOR the 3rd attack. Additionally, bonus damage now applies every 4th attack rather than every 3rd.
Very good nerf since Spirit + Shade combo is kind of destroying the game if you have a little bit of luck. The destiny of this effect seems similar to the Guinsoo’s Rageblade in the League of Legends, hopefully, they can balance this trait as they did with Guinsoo’s.
- Shade Bonus Damage:
They tried to balance decreased attack speed with increased damage, seems fit with the effort they made.
- Vanguard (8) now exists, Vanguard Armor:
Wukong carry is in his strongest right now! Let the forever fight begin!
We want to smooth out the Cultist power curve as currently the trait provides a large spike in one stage and then falls off significantly the following stage.
Going forward, upgrading the Cultist units will help Galio scale into the next stage of the game, while maintaining the big spike that comes with playing 6 or 9 Cultists. This change also makes it so that playing 4 or 5 Cultists, while not optimal, is not totally and completely pointless.
- Each star level of your cultists will grant Galio +12% bonus Health and Attack Damage. For example, three 1-star Cultists will grant Galio +36% bonus HP and AD.
- Galio Base Health:
- Base Attack Damage:
These changes will withdraw the impact of adding Cultists in the early game since you have to commit Cultists if you want to see a real benefit now.
- Rework: Upon attacking 6 times or dropping below 50% health, Divine units remove all crowd control and ascend, taking 50% reduced damage and dealing 50% bonus true damage for the duration of the ascension.
- 2 Divine: 4 seconds
- 4 Divine: 7 seconds
- 6 Divine: 10 seconds
- 8 Divine: 14 seconds
- 0 Loss average gold value-:
- 1 Loss average gold value-:
- 2 Loss average gold value- :
- 4 Loss: Removed the 5 Cost drop possibility
- Average gold value:
- Lowered the chances of a 5 cost drop.
This change is actually good for the fate of the game since you will no longer use 5-cost units earlier than expected levels after that change.
Patch 10.21 Champion Changes
- Diana Orbs:
- Elise Health Restore on Attack:
- Nidalee Javelin Toss Damage Bonus per Hex:
- Aphelios’ turrets now stop firing when Aphelios is disabled.
Turrets won’t attack in the rebirth stance of Guardian Angel. It is very good news to finally return from this deliberate mistake.
- Jarvan Dragon Strike Damage:
- Jax Starting/Total Mana:
- Teemo Sporecloud Dart Damage:
- Kennen Slicing Maelstrom Damage: 300/450/900 ⇒ 300/450/1350
Seems like Riot is trying to bring 4 Ninjas in the game, keeping Kennen in the front line is actually a pretty good idea from now on.
- Veigar Spell Power gain on kill:
- Ahri Health:
- Ahri Spirit Bomb Damage:
- Jhin Fourth Shot Damage:
Level 3 Jhin is the strongest side of Sharpshooters but it is a sharp edge since getting level 3 units is fairly easy in this set and Jhin was unbelievably strong in this star level.
- Riven Energy Slash Wave Damage:
- Talon Truestrike Damage:
- Azir Warlord’s Divide Damage:
- Kayn Reaping Slash Damage:
- Kayn Shadow Form damage buff:
- Lillia Lilting Lullaby Sleep duration:
3.5/3.5/8⇒ 3/4/8 seconds
- Zilean Rewind Fate number of targets:
- Zilean Rewind Fate heal amount:
Patch 10.21 Item Changes
- Now deals bonus damage to shielded or crowd-controlled enemies, similar to Statikk Shiv.
- Base Damage:
- Added: Bonus Damage to Shielded and crowd-controlled enemies: 180
- Bonus Damage:
- Fixed a bug where the lightning chain could break if it encountered an untargetable (Stealth) unit.
- Quicksilver Duration:
12 seconds⇒ 10 seconds
- Chalice of Power Bonus Spell Power:
- Gargoyle Stoneplate Bonus Armor & MR per enemy:
- Locket of the Iron Solari Shield:
- Zeke’s Herald Bonus Attack Speed:
- ZZ’Rot Portal now taunts all nearby enemies at the start of combat to the wearer for 2 seconds
- ZZ’Rot Portal Construct Attack Damage:
Patch 10.21 Bugfixes
- Fixed a typo in Fortune trait.
- Clarified Morellonomicon tooltip (item applies effect when the holder deals magic damage with their spell).
- Fixed an issue where the following units would show the wrong color on their spell’s tooltip when given Spell Power: Tahm Kench, Hecarim, Nunu, Azir, Kayn
- Pyke’s ability now hits slightly in front of him, allowing him to hit cornered units.
- Fixed a rare issue where strange Chosen could appear in the shop, but buying them would give you a 1* copy of a different unit
- Kayn no longer casts if there are no enemies in range he could hit
- Sett can no longer cast Showstopper on an enemy Sett who is out of combat due to The Boss
- Fixed some bugs with specific Fortune loot tables that were dropping a bit more than intended. Thanks LeDuck!
- Condensed the scoreboard health bars on mobile.
That concludes TFT Patch Notes 10.21. See you next time!
If you’d like to get better at League of Legends, Download SenpAI to your computer and reach all your data from one place! SenpAI analyzes your opponents, their picks, suggests counters, and offers pro-player runes-builds regarding your pick to import before the game starts besides analyzing millions of pro player games, giving you customized videos, suggestions, and AI analysis.