“After an Act, all that matters for your Act Rank are your 9 best-ranked wins of the act, and how many wins you’ve gotten in the act.”
VALORANT has now a new way of ranking players with the patch 1.05.
What was before can be summarized with Riot’s own statement:
“Currently in our Competitive system, your rank is very closely tied to your skill (MMR) and it can move up or down fluidly depending on if you are having a good or bad day of competitive play. We want you to have an accurate representation of your current skill in matches. We also want to build a ranked system that promotes growth and engagement over ‘peaking’ at a top rank, getting anxious about losing it, and stuffing it in the fridge.”
What we will have now looks fairer & creates a better feel-good environment for players. With Patch 1.05 the following will be applied through acts:
- Your rank will still be a close reflection of your current rating
- “Act Ranks,” will track your ‘proven skill’, highest-ranked win, and # of competitive wins in the Act
- At the end of the act, your Act Rank will be preserved as a badge on your player card in Competitive Games (and in your career history)
- ‘Proven skill’ is your 9th best ranked win of the Act, to demonstrate you can consistently win at that level
- The highest-ranked win is the one you’ve achieved in the act (right at the top of that triangle)
- Your Act Rank border is the surrounding border that evolves based on your number of competitive wins in the Act
- You’ll also be able to review past Act Rank info in your Career Tab
Think of your Act Rank as a big triangle that will be filled with little triangles. The inner triangles will be of the wins of your ranked matches, over the course of an Act based on the rank you entered the game with.
The more you reach higher ranks within your matches, the lesser-ranked triangles will be pushed out of the big picture.
The border also changes as you hit these win thresholds: 9, 25, 50, 75, and 100.
ACT RANK BADGE
Act Rank Badge shows off your proven skill (best-ranked match wins) for that Act; based on your top 9 ranked wins. Players need to prove their skill at the desired Act Rank to display it as a badge.
Your Act Rank progress will be visible in Career tab.
COMPETITIVE & END OF ACTS
At every end of an Act, the following will happen:
- Your prior Act Rank will be saved and locked in your Career tab
- Act 1 Competitive data will be saved
- You will be put back into abridged placements.
- It will take 3 games to display your rank instead of the initial 5
- These placements are quicker as we will reference your MMR from the prior Act, so we can quickly assess your skill for the current Act.
- Your rank will be a conservative placement where we are confident you are able to compete at that skill level—or higher.
- Typically, your Rank will land a couple of tiers below where you ended the prior Act, but we’ll be increasing how heavily we weigh performance in your early games so you can quickly improve your rank if you play well and win
- Placement games don’t count toward earning your Act Rank.
Riot Games announced that every Act will bring updates upon ending to improve Competitive environment. Share your thoughts about the newest addition to the rank system in the comments!
Check out our VALORANT Guides covering all Agents, Weapons & Maps below!
- Agents Guide – All Agents and Their Abilities / pre-release
- Weapons Guide – All Weapons and Stats
- Maps Guide – All Maps and Tactics / pre-release
Want to get better at VALORANT? SenpAI.gg analyzes millions of pro player games and gives you customized videos, suggestions and AI analysis. JOIN US at SenpAI Video Coaching Platform!