Riot Games announced the new map of VALORANT Icebox on the official VALORANT Twitter page on October 6th along with changes in ACT II and a new Agent!
Icebox will meet with us on October 13 for unrated and October 27 for competitive. Icebox is the next location where you can showcase your aiming skill and abilities, an abandoned Kingdom research center located at the poles. You can attack by piercing heavy puddles of snow to place the spike. By using steel ropes, you can go to new and dangerous places and protect it as well.
There are two target areas in ICEBOX that emphasize frequent combat and Agents’ ability to adapt to the game with sniping.
Icebox will start hosting competition for players with the release of ACT III.
New Agent: Skye
VALORANT has announced the new agent to be released on October 27! For the upcoming agent, VALORANT has posted images on their official Twitter account.
VALORANT Icebox Hints You May Have Missed
- We see a high tower in the video published by VALORANT. While we are not quite sure if it can be reached during the game, if it is, it will be a sniper point.
- There seem to be three ropes, including the horizontal ones that we assume will move like ziplines. The split contains vertical ropes that Agents can slide up and down quickly. This will likely work similarly so that we can move across parts of the map instead of going through it. You will be able to land and position on the boxes using this rope. There is also a rope that goes to a similar point to Split’s Heaven area. The shadow of a crane is visible behind the rope in the video.
- Another interesting aspect of Icebox that makes it look more dynamic than previous maps is a box. In the first picture, they show him being held by a crane blocking access to another part of the map. In the second picture, the box was gone. A third picture shows the crane lifting the box; This means there may be certain triggers that activate the crane and change how parts of the map work.
ACT III Competitive Changes
Available: Oct 27
- Upgrade that Act Rank Badge with the next Competitive Act
- Rank queue lowered from 6 tiers to 3 tiers, for tighter matchmaking
- Select your preferred server and improve your ping
- Immortal+ rank outcomes are decided 100% by wins and losses
ACT III Battlepass
Available: Oct 13
The Battlepass returns with improvements for Act III—revamped weekly mission progress for faster unlocks and additional Epilogue tiers.
Collect heads, rake in the XP, then snap on Act III exclusives like the “Chilly McFreeze” Gun Buddy to match your arctic battles, the “Radianite Hazard” Player Card, and the Viper Spray that reminds you to wash your hands.
Weapon Skin: Singularity
Available: Oct 13
Singularity exists in a far future, vast in its journey from the beyond. Powerful, abstract, and mysterious. None know where it came from or how it came to be.
Harness its unstable force on the Phantom, Sheriff, Spectre, Ares, and Melee when you buy the Singularity bundle.
GUN BUDDY: Welcome, Middle East & North Africa
Available: Oct 28
More (low ping) challengers to the Radiant throne have arrived from the Middle East and North Africa.
Log in during October 28 to earn the Dallah Gun Buddy and celebrate their homecoming.
As we have reached the end of the news on VALORANT ACT III Icebox and The New Agent Skye, we will continue on keeping you up with the upcoming news. Check HERE for other VALORANT.
Check out our VALORANT Guides covering all Agents, Weapons & Maps below!
- Agents Guide – All Agents and Their Abilities
- Weapons Guide – All Weapons and Stats
- Maps Guide – All Maps and Tactics
Want to get better at VALORANT? SenpAI.gg analyzes millions of pro player games and gives you customized videos, suggestions, and AI analysis. JOIN US at SenpAI Video Coaching Platform!