VALORANT Patch 3.10 is here with a couple of adjustments, buffs, and nerfs. Do not worry, the balance team caught some more bugs this time too. Also, Chamber, the new agent becomes available in this patch.
There is a page already dedicated to Chamber, you should check it out for his various abilities.
Let’s check out the VALORANT Patch 3.10 details.
VALORANT Patch 3.10 – Competitive Updates
Here’s what you can expect when playing in this type of 5 stack:
If everyone in your group is Diamond 2 and below:
- You can expect increased queue times as we will only matchmake your team against another 5 stack of similar average MMR.
- Rank Rating gains and losses will be reduced when playing in a 5 stack outside of our current rank restrictions rules. The amount that your RR is adjusted depends on the rank disparity within the group.
You party with 4 of your friends. The lowest team member is Silver 1 and the highest is Platinum 1
- Your team will be given a 50% RR reduction because the highest and lowest members are 1 rank outside the standard group restrictions.
In the same group, you have 1 team member leave, and bring in your other friend who is Bronze 1
- Now the skill disparity has increased to 4 ranks outside of the standard grouping restrictions. Your team will be given a 75% RR reduction as a result.
If one or more members of your group are Diamond 3 and above:
- Your expected queue times may vary greatly, and could increase dramatically as you will wait indefinitely for another 5-stack of similar MMR to play against.
- At a minimum, a 50% RR reduction will be applied to all 5-stacks including a member from these ranks, and this amount can increase to 90% as the disparity in skill increases.
4 of your party members are Immortal and one of your friends is Diamond 2.
- The whole squad has a 75% reduction to RR gains and losses due to rank disparity.
Your team grinds until your Diamond 2 friend reaches Diamond 3.
- The whole squad will now have a 50% reduction to RR gains and losses; A penalty that is applied to any 5-stack in Diamond 3 or above.
If one or more members of your group are Radiant:
- Similar to Diamond 3-plus, you will wait indefinitely for another 5-stack of similar MMR to play against, potentially increasing your queue times drastically.
- At a minimum, a 75% RR reduction will be applied to all 5-stacks including a member from these ranks. Playing with any player below Radiant automatically reduces your potential RR by 90%.
“Alongside the 5-stack changes, we are also removing 4-stacks from the Competitive queue. These types of groups tend to leave the remaining solo queue player with a relatively poor play experience, and we believe that removing this option will result in a significant reduction of overall toxicity reports.
We are excited about these changes and the potential improvements they’ll bring, but are also acutely aware of the potential risks of changes like these. We’ll monitor the Competitive queue very closely in the coming weeks, and will quickly move to make adjustments if needed.”
—Matthew Le, Competitive Producer
VALORANT Patch 3.10 – Esports Feature
- Observer Agent icons will no longer all get stuck on the same Agent when using the Minimal Broadcast HUD
- Observers now have different HUD colors for attackers and defenders.
- Attacker abilities will show as red and defender abilities will show as teal
- There is now a yellow outline on player icons on the minimap to showcase which player is the active target of an observer
- Fixed a net/sim-tick aliasing issue where running above 128 frames per second could cause packet send rates to drop below the 128fps cap
- This may have caused up to a few milliseconds of additional delay before the server processed player input when running at high client framerates. (Thanks, Reddit!)
- Fixed issues where you were able to re-invite players in lobby that were already invited
- Fixed a bug where the Observer’s minimap zoom setting did not function—thanks Melanie_mhs for the report!
- Fixed a bug where coaches could not use the hotkeys to spectate a player inside a deployed piece of utility (Cypher’s Spy Camera, Skye’s Trailblazer, or Sova’s Owl Drone)
- Also, Fixed a bug where pressing shift plus a player number would not go to the proper cinematic camera for that player, if that player was being actively spectated
And that’s all for the VALORANT Patch 3.10, good luck and have fun!
You can also check out the League of Legends Patch Notes.