The VALORANT Patch 5.01 notes brings refreshing buffs to Phoenix, Yoru, and Kay/O. Although other changes and game updates look exciting, these buffs take the spotlight for the patch details.
VALORANT Patch 5.01 – Agents
- Flash Max duration increased 1.1s >>> 1.5s.
- Flash Windup decreased .7s >>> .5s.
- Phoenix will now equip his weapon earlier if he stops bending his wall
Run it Back (X)
- Phoenix will now spawn at the marker with the amount of shields he had when the ability was cast.
Dimensional Drift (X)
Increased duration of ultimate 10s >>> 12s.
Reduced unequip time 1.2s >>> 0.8s.
Zone diameter reduced 10m >>> 8m
Damage now applies without needing line of sight
- Now, only allies will hear the full channel audio of reviving KAY/O, while downed.
- Enemies will only hear a short audio cue when the revive has started, matching a similar gameplay pattern to playing around ultimate orbs or tapping the bomb.
VALORANT Patch 5.01 – Gameplay Systems
New Smurf Detection functionality (North America).
- This addition to our smurf detection systems is designed to ensure that new players (that means all new accounts) are matched up with players of the correct skill level, much faster than before.
- We’re testing this change in North America first to ensure everything is working correctly before a global rollout.
Testing begins the week of July 11th, 2022.
Improved collision behaviour when walking next to or behind another player.
- This should heavily reduce the amount of jitteriness experienced when moving close to your allies (rushing a site as a group or moving out of spawn should feel better!).
- Twin Hunters in Spike Rush will now damage destructible walls.
VALORANT Patch 5.01 – Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where having the Raw Input Buffer setting enabled caused scrolling in chat or friends list to go directly to the top or bottom.
- Fixed a bug with Dimensional Drift where the invulnerability kicked in later than intended after it was cast.
- Fixed issue with Sova’s Shock Bolt not damaging enemy traps and other game objects (other than players).
- Fixed issue where Fade’s Haunt would sometimes reveal enemies that were on the other side of a thin wall.