Many news are ahead! Patch 1.05 of VALORANT brings Killjoy, a new game mode which is Deathmatch (yay), end of an act & many balances/fixes. Let’s head in!
Agent Updates & Content
New Agent: KILLJOY
Check our article about Killjoy and her abilities HERE.
The ultimate gets more nerfs! Finally, we can see Raze after we dodge that rocket thanks to the VFX update. Raze players are sad yet still viable.
- Equip Time increased 1.1 >>> 1.4
- Quick Equip Time increased 0.5 >>> 0.7
- VFX reduced when firing rocket
- VFX on rocket’s trail slightly reduced
- Damage decreased 75 >>> 50
- Damage to objects now consistently does 600
VALORANT has a new skin line coming up on August 4 which has this weird voiced thingy in its trailer & playerbase was quite dumbfounded. It looks so great and fancy though; also complimenting Killjoy’s style:
New Game Mode: DEATHMATCH
We have been waiting for this! It’s all random, it’s all mayhem. Deathmatch will be in beta & will be on/off for a while until Riot stabilizes it. The first window starts on Wednesday, August 5.
- 10-player free-for-all
- First to 30 kills with a time limit of 6 minutes
- No abilities
- You’ll load in as a random Agent that you own
- Buy whatever weapons you want; heavy armor is given to you automatically
- Killing enemies drops health kits: picking one up fully restores your health/armor AND automatically reloads your weapon.
- All enemies are periodically revealed on the minimap
- Act Ranks have been added to the game; READ THIS FOR MORE INFO.
- Patch 1.05 marks the end of Competitive Act I—Competitive Act II starts
- If you earned a rank in Act I, play 3 more games to show your rank again in Act II. If you are a new player you will still need to play 5 initial placement matches so we have more time to calibrate to your skill
- Expect a conservative initial placement, ~2 rank tiers lower than your prior Act I rank, so we are confident you are at or above that skill in Act II. Performance will have a larger impact in your early games, so you will be able to quickly gain rank if you play well and win
- Competitive matchmaking now will have a higher chance to match solo and solo/duo players against similarly sized premade groups at the cost of queue times being slightly longer
- Rank indicators have been modified on a loss to provide more granularity into how your rank was changed— You can now receive:
- 1 down arrow: Rating decreased slightly
- 2 down arrows: Rating decreased
- 3 down arrows: Rating greatly decreased
- Match History will now show the rank you went into the match with for that game, versus the rank you ended the game with
- You can now view your friends career tab via the context menu in the social panel. This means you can see your friends rank, Act Rank, and Match History.
- Custom Games now allow the leader to select your target game pod location and see players ping to that game pod.
Quality of Life
- Players who report other disruptive players will now receive an email if the reported player has been punished
- Arriving mid-patch: Your rotating store offers will stop including things you already own!
- An issue causing Sova’s Owl Drone to rotate slower
- An issue where Reyna did not get her full heal if it began right when her overheal started to decay
- Nearsight not apply properly when going through smoke parts of Viper and Phoenix’s walls
- [1.04 Hotfix] Fixed a bug where Phoenix could plant the Spike off the bomb site if he finished planting after Run it Back ended
- A bug where ping in the scoreboard would not appear for Observers
- A bug where Phoenix could in rare cases begin to auto-defuse the Spike if he was defusing the Spike when Run it Back ended
- Fixed an exploit where spamming inspect with a macro could cause server lag
- Game modifiers/cheats now notify all-chat when any player toggles them
- General fixes to moderators, tournament mode, and game modifiers
- Fixed a minimap bug, where the minimap would not correctly rotate on side swap rounds, when using fixed minimap + rotate based on side settings
- Inconsistencies and cleaned up UX with options present on the Match tab in the in-game settings screen
- Incorrect rank briefly, and possibly persisting, to show for players in Career tab
- Where rating adjustment indicators would show on-hover in Agent Select
- Account # tag wasn’t correctly showing on-hover on the Match tab in the in-game settings screen
- Only one team was able to vote to surrender if both queued the vote at the same time
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to interact with the character selection UI through the Shooting Range loading screen
- When equipping a gun buddy, an unassigned buddy no longer gets selected
- Fixed a visual bug where the lobby would play an unwanted animation when a match is found
This is the end of VALORANT Patch 1.05! We can say that we feel content about the constant improvement Riot puts on the scene to create a better experience. See you in the next batch of the VALORANT updates. Share your thoughts about Deathmatch with us!
Check out our VALORANT Guides covering all Agents, Weapons & Maps below!
- Agents Guide – All Agents and Their Abilities
- Weapons Guide – All Weapons and Stats
- Maps Guide – All Maps and Tactics
Want to get better at VALORANT? SenpAI.gg analyzes millions of pro player games and gives you customized videos, suggestions, and AI analysis. JOIN US at SenpAI Video Coaching Platform!