The much-awaited Valorant update is here, a brand new battle pass, new skins collections and the addition of a new Agent, Harbor.
Valorant Patch Notes 5.08
Agent Harbor goes live!
Harbor is now available for everyone to play, make sure to go to Collection > Agents > Click on Harbor and activate his contract to unlock the Agent; this method will take some XP grinding. You can also purchase the Agent using 1000 Valorant Points.
Riot Games made some changes to the leaderboard. After feedback from the players that an increasing number of players are reaching the immortal leaderboard even after making changes like raising the MMR requirement.
Riot agrees with the feedback, and they will cap out the number of players that will appear on the leaderboard on a regional basis. This will not make the player achieve the immortal rank hard; however, to appear on the leaderboard, you must be among the top X players.
- Top 5k for KOREA
- Top 5k for LATIN AMERICA
- Top 5k for BRAZIL
- Top 10k for NORTH AMERICA
- Top 15k for ASIA PACIFIC
- Top 15k for EUROPE
We’ve seen an increasing number of you enter the Immortal leaderboard, even after raising the MMR requirement for Immortal. We agree with feedback that in some regions there are too many players on the leaderboard, and after a certain number leaderboard rank loses a lot of it’s luster. We are rolling out a cap to the amount of players that can appear on the leaderboard on a region-by-region basis. This will not take away the achievement of reaching Immortal, but until you are in the top X amount of players, you will not appear on the leaderboard.
- Fixed an issue where friendly versions of area-damage abilities could overwrite enemy versions of those abilities to deal less damage
- Fixed a bug where Viper’s Toxic Screen could have small gaps around the ground level in specific map locations
- Fixed various minimap bugs:
- Ally position indicators would persist on the edge of the minimap even after the ally came back into view
- In some cases, KAY/O’s Suppression Blade position indicator could appear twice on the minimap
- Opening the larger map (defaulted to Caps Lock and ‘M’) during the round transition could cause spawn barriers to appear as a single pixel
- “Recently Seen Enemy” icon indicators could sometimes update their position without the enemy being visible
- Fixed a sliver line of sight from A Main to A Link
- Fixed an issue where the Spectrum Phantom silencer extended further than intended and have now shaved off some length so that it matches the base Phantom weapon model.
- We’re ready for pros to start using it again…especially when peeking through garage on Haven.
What to expect from the update / Valorant Patch 5.08
Harbor will be one the most played Agent this update; learn about his abilities here. Harbor’s Abilities
Do not forget to activate the contract to unlock Harbor.
Brand new battle pass and new skins collection.
Reaching Immortal rank may not be problematic, but to appear on the Immortal Leaderboard, you need to be the best among the rest of the players. Use our Valorant Voice Assistant to improve your gameplay.
Check out your Valorant Stats here Valorant Stats